If you didnt know, Callon has always been obsessed with balloons (baboons). Kinda like Cailey's obsession with bubbles. Ever since Callon was about 18 months old, he was the happiest when he could have a balloon. He slept with them in his bed, which terrified me and I would go in a get them out when he fell asleep. We actually potty trained him with the bribe of mylar balloons (yes, he knows mylar are the best kind!) One of the reasons why I do not like balloons is beacuse of the heartache they can cause when they fly away or pop. He used to get terribly upset. Callon has been giving his balloons away to those people that are close to him and i think its because he thinks they will make that someone just as happy as they make him. I know when he was very little, his Grammy told him that when they fly away, they are going to heaven to be with Papa Tom (Sandy's dad). After that he never got upset anymore. I think he felt like he was giving it to Papa Tom and he was glad to do it. Last Wednesday night Callon told me that when he gets to heaven, Papa Tom would have all his balloons for him and he would be waiting, holding them behind his back.
Here is the first time Callon showed his obsession with balloons. It was my sister's 18th birthday and he drug these balloons all over my mom's house for the whole week!



1 comments:
I love that story! I think I might have to tell my kids something like that when they cry over a lost balloon. I especially love the picture of Callon sleeping with the balloon!
Post a Comment